Other than being my uncle’s birthday, St Patrick’s Day has always been a holiday I never gave too much thought to. In the past, it’s just been an excuse to wear green and eat pub food.
But that’s all changed now with kids around. St Patrick’s Day is a holiday that’s fun to celebrate. There’s rainbows, leprechauns, and lots of green. Since the beginning of the month my head has been filled with ideas for St Patricks Day crafts for kids and festive recipes.
For the last few months I’ve been working with Cakes on doing a special craft for each of the holidays. I bought a 9 pack of canvases on sale and since I’m low on St Patrick’s Day decorations, decided this would be a good craft for the month. While this is a quick craft, I think it turned out so adorable and was still a lot of fun.
St Patrick’s Day Canvas Wall Art
-canvas (size of your choosing, I used 11×14)
-green acrylic paint (I used grass green)
-optional: sparkly white paint and foam brush
- To start, I used a foam brush and painted my canvas using a sparkly white paint. Your canvas is already ready to go, but it does add a little extra interest and dimension to your wall art with the subtle shimmer.
2. Slice the bottom off of a bell pepper and you’ll have your shamrock shaped “stamp” all set to paint.
3. Squirt green acrylic paint onto a paper plate or piece of paper.
4. Dip the “shamrock stamp” into the paint and apply to canvas.
5. You can leave it as is, or using a paintbrush lightly create stems for your shamrocks.
Do you have a favorite St Patrick’s Day craft for kids?